4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Compare to previous period

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a dataset in Google Sheets that's feeding to Data Studio. At the moment, I have data from October 2016 and April 2017. I want to create a date comparison between the two within a scorecard and/or table. It won't let me do this, as it will only allow a comparison to previous period and previous year, and October isn't considered a previous period to April. I considered setting my date filter to a 6-month range, but I have other charts on the page that have monthly data, and this would change those up (which I don't want). Are there any workarounds in Sheets or DS to make this date range comparison happen properly?

Compare to previous period

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you setup another page level filter and set it to group to only the Scorecard/Table you want that has the specific range needed?

Also just thinking out loud, could you create two calculated fields for the 2 separate date ranges and then a 3rd field that does the division/comparison to yield the results you want?  Wouldn't be very dynamic, but maybe something that direction could help.