AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Compare to previous period

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a dataset in Google Sheets that's feeding to Data Studio. At the moment, I have data from October 2016 and April 2017. I want to create a date comparison between the two within a scorecard and/or table. It won't let me do this, as it will only allow a comparison to previous period and previous year, and October isn't considered a previous period to April. I considered setting my date filter to a 6-month range, but I have other charts on the page that have monthly data, and this would change those up (which I don't want). Are there any workarounds in Sheets or DS to make this date range comparison happen properly?

Compare to previous period

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you setup another page level filter and set it to group to only the Scorecard/Table you want that has the specific range needed?

Also just thinking out loud, could you create two calculated fields for the 2 separate date ranges and then a 3rd field that does the division/comparison to yield the results you want?  Wouldn't be very dynamic, but maybe something that direction could help.