Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Compare Date Ranges

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!, I'm pulling data from G.A directly and I can select a custom date range but when I choose to "compare" with previous period, it's not pulling any data for that. 

Can someone help me with it?

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.23.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.25.18 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Compare Date Ranges

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Amy Maria Y,

It should be a straightforward process. This is what it should look like:

Screenshot - 7_20_2016 , 4_14_41 PM.png

and then you should see this:

Screenshot - 7_20_2016 , 4_16_03 PM.png

Can you include a screenshot of what you are trying?

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm actually trying to do comparison in Data Studio -- I uploaded the screenshots. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi, Amy Maria,

Sorry for the delay. I had to learn how to use Data Studio myself. Smiley Very Happy

What kind of table are using for which you are trying to do a date comparison? From the docs it says that you can only compare dates (previous period, previous year) for the following types of data elements: "Some charts, such as the Time Series, Scorecard, Table, and others, can display comparison data. This lets you see how the current date range compares to the previous matching period, or to the current date range in the previous year."
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks Nicky! Data Studio looks like a great tool but I'm still trying to find the best use for it.

So I am trying to create a table with comparison data from previous week (whatever date range I had selected/pulled) so it should work. I've attempted to pull it from G.A direct and from a downloaded CSV with the correct information as well. Neither is working. I don't know if it's a bug or I'm missing something really simple.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi, Amy Maria,

Could you try the comparison for a standard table, first, like Sessions and Source?

Screenshot - 7_26_2016 , 10_15_55 AM.png

That way we can see if there's anything wrong with the feature itself, or with the table.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy Maria,

I had also found the same problem with my pivot table but I fixed it with "adjusting the column width". It happens when column has not much space to show the comparison. Could you adjust the column width and to see if adjusting is the problem?

Thank you

Best
Abhishek

Compare Date Ranges

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amy, Have you included date column as well in your table, if yes then remove it and the comparison will work.

Thanks

H