Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Color of the comparison arrows in a table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

I have a problem regarding the comparison in tables in Data Studio. When I make a table with comparison between two periods, Data Studio marks with a red or green arrow the change of the metric.

It is green when the metric increase (more clics, more conversions, better conversion ratio). The strange thing is that it is also green when the cost metrics increase: higher cpc or higher cost/clic are green when it would have to be red. 

Can somebody help me? Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

María

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Maria,

I don't believe this is a setting you can change at the moment - I understand why it's wrong, but right now the conditional formatting is quite simplistic, so it won't pick up these nuances. It's a great suggestion for a future addition though Smiley Happy

Hope that helps,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben, thank you for your reply!

I understand it's a simplistic format but it is strange because it does work in a logic way in other reports as scorecards.

I hope they will improve this! 

Best regards, 

María

N/A
# 4
N/A

We figured this one out!! Check out our blog post:

http://www.inforest.com/google-data-studio-comparison-colors-wrong/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your post!

I know you can change the color of the arrows. This works when you use one unique metric box. The problem is when you use the comparison in a table where numeric metrics (for example number of clics, conversions) and metrics about cost (cpc, cpl) are together. Then if you change the color of the arrow, you will mark as red (negative) not only an increase of cost but also the increase of clics (that is possitive). 

Best regards!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are any news about this topic? It would be great, if we can change the arrow-color on metric-level in a table instead of table-level (eg. revenue and cost in one table).