AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3K members online now
3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Change report language Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All, 

Currently we are building a report for a client of ours. We are a Dutch company and have created our Google Account in the Dutch language. 

I already tried changing our Google Account language to English, but is there a way to have all the Google Analytics dimension and metrics labels in a different language then Dutch?! 

We tried everything, but nothing seems to work. Also tried to find answers on this forum, but haven't found any yet. 

Please let us know! 

Best Regards,

J

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CRO A
June 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi J,

To be clear, you are setting your Google Account language to English, but your Google Analytics field names are appearing in Dutch? When you created the data source, which language was selected? My guess is, you created the data source in Dutch, then switched to English. If that's not the case, please let me know.

My own test shows that if you create the data source in one language (English, in my test), then change the account to say, Italian, the field names will stay in English. To show the field names in Italian, I changed my language to Italian, then created a new data source. 

Hope this helps!

Rick

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CRO A
June 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi J,

To be clear, you are setting your Google Account language to English, but your Google Analytics field names are appearing in Dutch? When you created the data source, which language was selected? My guess is, you created the data source in Dutch, then switched to English. If that's not the case, please let me know.

My own test shows that if you create the data source in one language (English, in my test), then change the account to say, Italian, the field names will stay in English. To show the field names in Italian, I changed my language to Italian, then created a new data source. 

Hope this helps!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Rick, 

Thanks a lot for your response. Before I spend hours to create new English accounts I think you gave me the solution. When connecting the data source is apparently the moment which decides in which language the data labels will be decided. 

Thanks a lot one more time, have a nice day ! 

Best Regards, 

Jorg

Re: Change report language Data Studio

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Jorg,

Yes, that's exactly right. Once the data source is created, the field names
won't change even if you change your UI language.

I will add this to the documentation, in case others run into the same
question.

Best regards,

​Rick​

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Rick,

I try to do the same thing (change de language from french to english), but I do not find the solution. Do you have a tips for me? Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.

Vincent

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Vincent,

What are you trying to change? The Data Studio user interface (UI)? That's controlled by your Google account language setting. The names of the dimensions and metrics in your data source are also going to be set in that language when you create the data source. After that, they will always appear in that language. You can change the names manually in the report by editing the field names.

Does that help?

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Ok If I understand well, once set the data source we cannot change the language of metrics (clicks, Impression...).

We need to modify our adwords language and re create the data Source.

Tks for your help,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your answer.

I finally did like that, and changed manually the title of my statistics.

Thanks for your help.

Vincent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jean,

I tried this solution that you mention in your comment and it does not work. So, the solution is to change directcly the name that you want in the field name, like Rick said above.

Vincent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was very helpful!

What worked for me, after this reply, was to refresh the field in my imported data. That immediately changed the metrics and dimensions names to English.

Go to Resources --> Manage added data sources -->Click on "Edit" à Hit "Refresh Field" at the bottom --> Done