AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Change filters automatically

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hello,

I created a dashboard, but I would like to filter this dashboard on Customer Name. I have around 2000 customers in my database and doing this manually is not realistic. Therefore I was wondering if there is a way to change the filter automatically for every customer name in the database.

Note: I am using a Google BigQuery database.

Thanks in advance.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

How do you mean change automatically? You can add a report level filter for customer name, how would you like to automate this?

Ben

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Yes but the problem is that I would have to make a copy of the dashboard and change the filter for every customer manually, because I dont want my customers to see the data of all the other customers in the database. At the moment I have over 2000 customers and doing this for every customer manually is not ideally.  By adding a report level filter the user is able to select/see other customers as well, which I dont want. 

I am looking for something which makes the dashboard I have created filtered on every specific customer name in the database and where the other customers are not shown. In that way the data visualized on the dashboard is only specified for one customer.