4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Change datastudio analytics label language

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm Dutch, but i want to create a report for an English speaking customer.

Is there any way to specifiy the datastudio report language on a per-report-basis. Since I sometimes need a report in English, and sometimes in Dutch.

Currently I'm completely unable to set the language of the statistics labels (column headers, day names) in English, even though I've set all my Google account settings (and Analytics) to English, it adamantly keeps using Dutch for labels and Analytics data imports.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can use custom labels for metrics and dimensions in your data source definitions but that's as far as it goes.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply!

Hmmmmm.... at what point does the tool decide that it needs to display Dutch. Because my Analytics is in English, my Datastudio is in English, but somehow the data source connection from my English Analytics to my English Datastudio results in Dutch labels.

Dees it mean that if Google but does that mean that Google decides somehow that I'm Dutch, I'm stuck with Dutch labels. Can I use proxies to have Google identify me as English?

Does the creator of the report determine the language of the labels by the data source? I'm just can't put my finger on the point by which the tool determines the language.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Philip,

We are experiencing the same problem (also Dutch). Did you already found a solution for this issue? We also want to create English dashboards with English labels in stead of Dutch. 

Thanks a lot in advance! 

Best Regards, 

Jorg Bouman

Re: Change datastudio analytics label language

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I guess you should change Field names one by one in the data source...

2017-06-12_11-18-34.png