Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Change chart legend date format

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to change the report legend formats for dates displayed and I cannot see how to do this.

The point hover date and bottom default chart date formats are what I need to change.  Are they currently hard coded in the reports?  I see you can change field dates via calculated field, but cannot seem to get it to affect the legends

Did i miss something?

Thanks 

bill

googledateformat.png

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What is it you want to change it to?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Monday - Nov 28, 2015

I have an "C" level person that like this format....  :-)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In order to have the actual weekday name in the date, then your date dimension must also include the day. I checked and don't see that option in GA. What's your datasource? If it's Sheets, that's probably easiest, as you can build the date to concatenate the day and then use the date day as your dimension. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My data is imported into Google bigquery storage, not sheets.  I am trying to include the date format in a computed field. I wonder if I have to generate a new date field custom in the storage and build the format.   Thanks for reply..  just fun trying to hammer this report into my needed format .  I have a few more things to try....   also being a beta product things will change down the line I am sure... as they add more options.