1.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot display date in scorecard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm very new to data studio, I did some searching and couldn't find an answer to this so apologies if this is a stupid question or has been asked/answered before.

I want to display a date from my data source in data studio. I assume a scorecard is the way to do this but when I got to select the metric for the scorecard none of my date fields are listed so I cannot use them here. Is there another way to do this or a setting I need to change? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew W
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The reason your dates aren't showing up is that they are dimensions rather than metrics, and scorecards can only represent metrics. If you want to identify one specific date, let's say the most recent date in your dataset, try using a table instead. Sort the table so the most recent dates shows on top, and then resize the table so the only row that shows up is that most recent date. 

It's not as pretty as a scorecard, but it works until there's some sort of other solution. 

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can't add a date to the scorecard, but you can add a Date Range propriety to show the date range for those score cards and change this each month to update your scorecard stats

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Data Studio only allows one date range per page https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/6291067?hl=en  therefore you will need to rather set your dimensions and metrics and then use the "custom" option under each widget to compare your desired date range.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew W
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The reason your dates aren't showing up is that they are dimensions rather than metrics, and scorecards can only represent metrics. If you want to identify one specific date, let's say the most recent date in your dataset, try using a table instead. Sort the table so the most recent dates shows on top, and then resize the table so the only row that shows up is that most recent date. 

It's not as pretty as a scorecard, but it works until there's some sort of other solution. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. Not as pretty as the scorecard like you said but it will do for now.