Data Studio
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can't share Data Studio doc w/ non-google users even with "Anyone with a link can view" selected.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Even with  "Anyone with a link can view" selected, it's still requiring people that I've sent a link to, to sign in. Am I doing something wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't share Data Studio doc w/ non-google users even with "Anyone with a link can view"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
People have been having a few bumps with using, sharing and editing Data Studio reports. Based on my experience, they need to be signed into a Google Account in order to access it.

It would be nice if we were able to embed the reports in an iFrame wouldn't it?

Re: Can't share Data Studio doc w/ non-google users even with "Anyone with a link can view"

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Amanda,

No, you are doing anything wrong! At the moment, only logged in users with a Google account can view the report. We're looking into opening that up to truly "anyone" but for the moment, you're viewers need to have a Google account.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
No login requirement, embed and export options would be great. We made a great dashboard for a client but had an embarrassing few minutes in a demo meeting where everyone was trying to figure out how to export a report with no luck.

Can't share Data Studio doc w/ non-google users even with "Anyone with a link can view" selected.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick, 

Do you know when it will be possible to consult report without Google Account ?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Claire,

I'm sorry, I can't comment on feature release dates that we haven't made public. I will say that we are working on this, so I am hoping (for all our sakes ;-) that we get this feature out sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Rick

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is unfortunate. I was excited about using data studio for quarterly analytics reports using a simple share link. This limitation kills that possibility. I'll go back to the old analytics reports and come back to data studio if and when you get this fixed.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Google should make this inability to share reports unless logged into a Google account very clear in the sharing options, publicity emails, and on the reports homepage. It's a serious limitation that user should be informed of before the begin their work, not after completing it only to find it can't be used. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any update on this? I now see the option to share it as "Anyone on the internet can find and access - no sign in required". But even when I have it set to that it requires sign in.

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Blake

Where do you see "no sign in required?"

A Google account is still required to view reports in Data Studio.