2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can't move or resize anything

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to data studio and trying to create a first report.  I inserted a table and wanted to adjust the dimensions somewhat.  However I cannot adjust the dimensions or move anything I put on the dashboard.  In every screenshot or example I have seen, it says you should be able to turn on the edit toggle in the top right corner and all the moving/resizing should work.  But I don't have a toggle like that, even though I created the report myself...  Please help! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try using Google Chrome browser

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem persists even with Chrome browser

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Is the google account you're using in data studio the same one that has admin rights in your data source (google sheets, analytics, etc)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here. I just started using Data Studio today and after resizing a table, it created a duplicate leaving the original table in the same size and orientation underlying a newly created table.  I deleted the new table only to be left with the original table and now I can't edit the size or positioning. Pretty frustrating first impression. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did find that making a copy of the report got rid of the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the best solution going forward especially if I have already shared this report view with others. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm going to throw out a kind of dumb answer so I apologize in advance but are you by any chance in "View" mode instead of "Edit"? They look extremely similar and can often be confused.

The other time I've had similar issues is when there is another layer that interferes with the selection. In those cases I just move it temporarily off the other layer or bring it to the front.