Data Studio
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can't find some AdWords Dimensions from Google Analytics data source in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have connected a Google Analytics data source to Data Studio. It seem to work well but I can't access all the AdWords dimensions (that I can access in Google Analytics), such as Account and Campaign / Campaign ID. I have seen others using these dimensions in their Data Studio dashboard with Google Analytics as data source so it must be possible.

When googling the problem, most of the topics refer to AdWords being the data source, which is not the case here.

Thanks for you help!

/Lucas

Can't find some AdWords Dimensions from Google Analytics data source in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Lucas,

I've encountered the same 'problem' in the past. In my case, it was easily solved by correctly linking my AdWords account to my Google Analytics account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Jeroen G for the reply!

In doing some more research, my conclusion as of now is that the Account dimension in GA is only being sent in as AdWords Costumer ID in Data Studio. So the ones I saw has probably made their own Dimension, translating all the IDs to account names. It still bothers me since the dimension Account is a primary one in GA but can't seem to work in Data Studio.

I tried the same for several analytics accounts now with different AdWords linking, and Account and Campaign dimensions still can't be accessed in Data Studio.

Thanks again!

/Lucas