AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can't create custom variance metric

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a time series graph containing the maximum 10 series (goal completion locations) from a possible 200+, currently sorted by goal completions (descending).

I want to be able to choose the 10 "most interesting" series by applying a filter with a custom metric. For example, I would like to be able to filter out any goal completion locations with a variance in daily completions below a certain level over the last 30 days until only 10 remain. 

I have tried to create a metric which is the variance of the 30 data points, but Data Studio treats Goal XX Completions as an aggregated metric and I can find no way to treat each day differently as a result.

As a last resort, I have also tried to create a metric which is the range of daily Goal XX Completions over the last 30 days so that I can choose the 10 events with the biggest range, but I had no luck here either.

Apologies if any of this is unclear. I would be immensely grateful if anyone was able to help me sort this out so that I can get on top of optimising my conversions.