Data Studio
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can I change the previous year date range so that it shows the same week last year?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want to compare GA session data to the same week in the previous year. My main date range is last week (starting Monday) but I want to compare to the same week last year but still mon-sat. so currently thats the date+2 days.

Is that possible? Currently all I can see is previous year but its the same dates only.

Thanks

Sarah

Re: Can I change the previous year date range so that it shows the same week last year?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wish to do the same, did you ever figure it out?

Re: Can I change the previous year date range so that it shows the same week last year?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sarah,

I have found out a way of doing it, but it is not really convenient.

First of all you have to add a time period on your report. This will allow you to change the studied period when you're looking at the report. 
Once you have done that, click on your graphic, scroll down and add a comparison period (last year in your case). 

Now you will just have to switch to the "view mode" and change to the period you're willing to study, Mon-sat, and it should work. 

If you look at the picture below you'll notice that I have my comparison between a week of March 2017 and 2016.

Capture d’écran 2017-04-12 à 16.22.28.pngFigure 1: Conv. comparison between 6-11 March 2017-2016

There we go, I hope it will fix your issue :-)

Benoît