Data Studio
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can I add column to a Google Data Studio table using data from the previous period?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

How can I add column to a Google Data Studio table using data from the previous period?

I do not like the compare function that only shows a percentage change.

My only other workaround to display data from another period is to manually add a second table with a different time period, but I cannot link this to the date control, and I cannot hide the column showing the dimension.

Thanks.

Can I add column to a Google Data Studio table using data from the previous period?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Martijn D,

If you'd prefer to show the actual change instead of a percentage you go go the 'Style' tab on your chart and tick 'Show Absolute Change'. You can't currently show data from 2 different time periods alongside one another in the same chart, unless you were to merge this at the data level.

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your reply, that is already an improvement.

By any chance, do you know how to hide columns, so that I might show the other figures using a second table with a different date range? Thanks.

Martijn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Martijn,

I'm not certain on the ability to hide individual columns, I would probably attempt to move the second table to the 'back' of the report and use a white shape to manually cover the data you didn't want shown - a bit messy, but this may give the end result you are looking for and the end user wouldn't see how it's built.

Ben