AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can I add column to a Google Data Studio table using data from the previous period?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

How can I add column to a Google Data Studio table using data from the previous period?

I do not like the compare function that only shows a percentage change.

My only other workaround to display data from another period is to manually add a second table with a different time period, but I cannot link this to the date control, and I cannot hide the column showing the dimension.

Thanks.

Can I add column to a Google Data Studio table using data from the previous period?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Martijn D,

If you'd prefer to show the actual change instead of a percentage you go go the 'Style' tab on your chart and tick 'Show Absolute Change'. You can't currently show data from 2 different time periods alongside one another in the same chart, unless you were to merge this at the data level.

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your reply, that is already an improvement.

By any chance, do you know how to hide columns, so that I might show the other figures using a second table with a different date range? Thanks.

Martijn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Martijn,

I'm not certain on the ability to hide individual columns, I would probably attempt to move the second table to the 'back' of the report and use a white shape to manually cover the data you didn't want shown - a bit messy, but this may give the end result you are looking for and the end user wouldn't see how it's built.

Ben