5.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Can Data Studio connect to Redshift?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

As anyone connected to Amazon's Redshift? If so, how is it working. Any tips or tricks? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nichols,

No, Data Studio cannot currently connect to RedShift. Hopefully this functionality well be added in the future!

Ben

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Nicholoas -- Data Studio doesn't offer a direct connector to Amazon Redshift although we're looking into possible options here and for several other external data sources for the first several months of 2017. In the meanwhile your best bet is likely to move data from Redshift into a Google Sheet or BigQuery project and then connect Data Studio to that.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Alon -- thanks for getting back to me. Good news on the 2017 update too!. I have another question for you. We are using Stitch to connect MixPanel to BigQuery. But we are getting this error, Stitch is telling us it a BigQuery issue: 

The issue here is that we aren't able to load these tables into BigQuery. You can read more about BigQuery's accepted data typing here.

In these errors we have the problematic table, the reason the tables were rejected, and the field that is not following BigQuery's formatting. Fix these and you should be good to go!

mixpanel_funnels: "Some fields have multiple datatypes that can't be stored in the same BigQuery field: steps.selector_params.filter.operand: (string, array)"

mixpanel_engage: "Some fields have multiple datatypes that can't be stored in the same BigQuery field: mp_reserved_unsubscribed: (string, boolean)"

mixpanelexport: "Some fields have multiple datatypes that can't be stored in the same BigQuery field: fastestpace: (string, float); completed: (boolean, integer)"

Re: Can Data Studio connect to Redshift?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Alon -- thanks for getting back to me. Good news on the 2017 update too!. I have another question for you. We are using Stitch to connect MixPanel to BigQuery. But we are getting this error, Stitch is telling us it a BigQuery issue:

The issue here is that we aren't able to load these tables into BigQuery.

In these errors we have the problematic table, the reason the tables were rejected, and the field that is not following BigQuery's formatting. Fix these and you should be good to go!

mixpanel_funnels: "Some fields have multiple datatypes that can't be stored in the same BigQuery field: steps.selector_params.filter.operand: (string, array)"

mixpanel_engage: "Some fields have multiple datatypes that can't be stored in the same BigQuery field: mp_reserved_unsubscribed: (string, boolean)"

mixpanelexport: "Some fields have multiple datatypes that can't be stored in the same BigQuery field: fastestpace: (string, float); completed: (boolean, integer)”

Thanks!

Nick

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Nick, and apologies for the delay here. Unfortunately we are not very familiar with BigQuery itself (we've only built a connector to data that lives there). It seems like this is an issue between MixPanel and BQ so I recommend reaching out to the support teams of those products.

Sorry I can't be more helpful here. Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any update on this?  I'm dying to get queries running against Redshift.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi @Matt D -- thanks for checking in! I think that unfortunately realistically this won't happen before the second half of the year at the earliest. I've made a note to update this thread once there's news here. Apologies for delay here, and thanks for the interest!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An update at that time would be appreciated!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Any updates? Thank you!