Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Calculated Field - Percent of Total

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What's the best way to create a calculated field for the percent of a total?

For example, I have a table with sessions by age group, and I'd like to know what percentage of the total sessions are from visitors age 18-24 and have that display in a column.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Calculated Field - Percent of Total

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Re: Calculated Field - Percent of Total

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also interested in calculating a percentage between two filtered scorecards, but do not have access to create a calculated metric in GA. How do I do that in Data Studio by creating a new formula? I'm very new to this, but the gist is

Percent of (TOTAL EVENTS_1 with FILTER_1) that are (TOTAL EVENTS _2 with FILTER_2 and FILTER_3).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Logan - did you solve this issue? i'm trying to produce a line chart that shows metrics as a % of the total but can't find anyway to do it - have you managed it?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Alex. No, unfortunately I haven't found a way to accomplish this yet. It seems like it should be as easy as selecting "percentage" from the column dropdown in the style panel, but that's not an available option.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

Can you please tell more about creating calculated metric like this? Because I can't undestand how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also interested in calculating percentage of a metric by a dimension. However, it seems impossible to do it in datastudio?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Logan - Were you able find a resolution for this question? I am trying to do a % of Total by a column as well. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also interested in doing this.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Grace,

No, sorry, I have yet to find a resolution for this. I'm still hoping an expert can chime in and give us a working example.

Experts in the Topic
PPCBossman