Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Calculated Field - Formula Parsing Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a formula that gets parsing error. I cannot see what is the problem and will request your help,

CASE
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(brand).*”) THEN “Brand”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(DR|RMD|Dynamic Remarketing|).*”) THEN “Retargeting”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(DSA|Genel).*”) THEN “DSA Genel”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(Marka).*”) THEN “Marka”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(Kategori).*”) THEN “Kategori”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(Shopping).*”) THEN “Shopping”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(CRM|RLSA).*”) THEN “CRM RLSA”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(Generic|jenerik).*”) THEN “Generic”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(GDN|Display).*”) THEN “Display”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(Download|Install|IOS|Android|App).*”) THEN “App”
WHEN Source/Medium = “google/cpc” AND REGEXP_MATCH(Campaign, “.*(Custom Affinity.*”) THEN “Custom Affinity”
ELSE “Other”
END

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 14.38.27.png

Thanks, 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

it's difficult to see from your code, but when I cut and paste it into an editor, there is no "space" characters between one line and the next. When Data Studio receives a "paste" from an outside source such as an editor, then linebreaks are removed and not replaced by spaces.

If you make a rule to always use a space to indent every line (except the first), then this will be resolved.

If that is not the problem, some more info is needed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yes, I did exactly as you said, put 'space's between the lanes before the copy paste. 

I think this might be about the length of the formula. When I try it with fewer rows it gives no error. And when I try to create it part by part (rather than copy-paste-ing whole formula) after one point it does not allow me to paste any more. 

Thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Did you find out the maximum length of the field?

Re: Calculated Field - Formula Parsing Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, I was not able to get any info on that. The following format works for
me at the moment no matter how long it is. So, I believe at the moment
there was another issue and it got fixed.

CASE WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Source, ".*(facebook).*") THEN "Facebook.com"
WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Medium, ".*(organic).*") THEN "Organic"
WHEN Source/Medium = "google / cpc" THEN "Paid Trafik"
WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Source/Medium, ".*(mail).*") THEN "Email"
WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Source/Medium, ".*(direct|referral).*") THEN "Direct
Trafik"
ELSE "Other" END

Thanks,

--

Data Driven Marketing

Cem TANRIVERDİ
Consultant,