Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I am trying to create a sales dashboard report. Among the datas and values I would like to show up, an important one for me would be to display the Profit Per SKU.

Considering that EACH of my SKU have, obviously, a different purchase price, do you have any idea of a formula I could use to create a new metric and display this feature automatically in my report? 

Thanks in advance!

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nico,

If you have cost and external price of the product then you can create a calculated field i.e. a new field in your data model combining the two. Here some tutorials https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6390659, watch especially the one about "Calculated fields". 

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Gesias.

The formula is quite easy indeed, but the problem is that my cost are not the same for every SKU. And I would like to create one table with Product SKU as dimension.

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was doing a cost/profit per product with a MySQL connection where the internal price/ retail price sits in another table. I had to combine it by creating a view that combined that information into one single table to make it work. Pretty sure you are not able to combine several datasources yet even though it is a much desired feature! 

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Indeed .. Not yet able to combine multiple datasources unfortunately. It would have made it much easier! However I'm still trying to think about a formula with "reg exp" or "if" which could make it work if I type down all the purchase price per SKU...