AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I am trying to create a sales dashboard report. Among the datas and values I would like to show up, an important one for me would be to display the Profit Per SKU.

Considering that EACH of my SKU have, obviously, a different purchase price, do you have any idea of a formula I could use to create a new metric and display this feature automatically in my report? 

Thanks in advance!

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nico,

If you have cost and external price of the product then you can create a calculated field i.e. a new field in your data model combining the two. Here some tutorials https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6390659, watch especially the one about "Calculated fields". 

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Gesias.

The formula is quite easy indeed, but the problem is that my cost are not the same for every SKU. And I would like to create one table with Product SKU as dimension.

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was doing a cost/profit per product with a MySQL connection where the internal price/ retail price sits in another table. I had to combine it by creating a view that combined that information into one single table to make it work. Pretty sure you are not able to combine several datasources yet even though it is a much desired feature! 

Calculate profit per SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Indeed .. Not yet able to combine multiple datasources unfortunately. It would have made it much easier! However I'm still trying to think about a formula with "reg exp" or "if" which could make it work if I type down all the purchase price per SKU...