AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Bug when using multiple data sources in one report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'll create my report section by section. When I return to the first section, there will be a configuration error in one or more of my graphs or score cards. The metrics now seem to be connected to the last data source I attached.

It says you can have multiple data sources for a single report.

I reconnect the data source to the correct sheet and another graph or score card will break somewhere else in the same way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lucas P
June 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Are you positive you've created multiple datasources and not accidentally edited the 1 original datasource connection you had?  I've seen this as a common problem because the UI isn't very intuitive.

If you go to "Resource > Manage added data sources"  Can you confirm that you have multiple data sources connected?  And/or are you adding a new datasource and not clicking the pencil icon next to a datasource and simply 'replacing' it by mistake?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lucas P
June 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Are you positive you've created multiple datasources and not accidentally edited the 1 original datasource connection you had?  I've seen this as a common problem because the UI isn't very intuitive.

If you go to "Resource > Manage added data sources"  Can you confirm that you have multiple data sources connected?  And/or are you adding a new datasource and not clicking the pencil icon next to a datasource and simply 'replacing' it by mistake?

Re: Bug when using multiple data sources in one report

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can manage all your Data Sources in "Resource" -> "Manage added Data Sources". This lists all added data sources and you can modify them (and add new).

Keep attention regarding the naming of the data source - it can be edited! This lead to some confusion on my side in the beginning ;D

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-14 um 17.06.22.pngManage Datasources 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I use a master data sheet with a different tab for each set of data (i.e. Google sheet is Client - Master and then Sheet 1 is Facebook, Sheet 2 is Twitter, etc.)

I used Resource > Manage Added Data Sources to add them all in.

When I go to the pages related to Facebook I connect the Facebook sheet. When I get to the pages related to Twitter I connect the Twitter sheet. By the time I get to Pinterest I connect the Pinterest sheet and when I go back to the Facebook pages the graphs are all broken because it has also switched to Pinterest with Twitter pages unaffected. I fix the Facebook pages and the Pinterest graphs are broken with Twitter pages unaffected again.

Re: Bug when using multiple data sources in one report

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Did you ever find a solution to the bug that you were seeing here?