Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Blog Topics vs. Blog Post Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am having trouble understanding the difference of one report.

We have a blog in wordpress and I need to report on the metrics every month. The blog has categories/topics.

When I go Reporting: Behavior>Site Content> All Pages, (example) /topics/compliance has less traffic than /compliance/url of blog post.

Hoping you can help on this. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonalyn M
September 2016

Blog Topics vs. Blog Post Metrics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

If I understood your question correctly, users visited the post itself more times than the category the post is in. This means that users reached the post from pages other than the category page or through external links more times than from the category page. You can select the post in Behavior>Site Content> All Pages and choose previous Page Path as the secondary dimension to see the page the user was on prior visiting the post. Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Blog Topics vs. Blog Post Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're actually trying to determine which blog category gathered the most traffic. But I am getting confused on whether the traffic from the url parameter /topics/category/ or /category/blogposturl/ is the same since they both contain the /category/ parameter. But yeah I think page path will work. Thank you Arnold!