1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Big Query Quota Error using shared data source

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a dashboard for viewing Political campaign contributions using public data from opensecrets.org published and shared on Big Query.  There weren't any issues for the first few days the dashboard was live.  After about week, I started receiving the following error:

"Exceeded dataset`s quota policy.

free query bytes scanned

Error ID: 56592260"

Does anyone know if that error is due to my BQ account quota, opensecret's quota, or Data Studio?  And does anyone have suggestions on how I can fix this and avoid the problem moving forward? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem.  Did you figure this out?  Everyone in our office can see this one report but our one remote guy can't.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I did figure it out but it's odd that your internal team can view the report while the remote guy cannot. It sounds like your problem may have to do with permission settings, but I was able to fix my dashboard's issues by using a BQ account with billing enabled. If enabling billing does not work for you, I would make sure that the Data Source is set to "Use owner's credentials." This will ensure external users can access your data source.