AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Benchmark data in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

In my regular Google Analytics I can view benchmark data to see how our site's performance compares to others n our industry of comparable size. I am trying to transition my reporting from regular analytics (I actually just looked at Analytics to get the data & then for visualization formatted it in another MS program) to Google Data Studio to save time. I cannot find where/how to get that benchmark data to display now that I am in Data Studio. Am looking to display US real estate company website benchmark data alongside our own. Can someone help? Thanks!

Benchmark data in Data Studio

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Not everything in Analytics is available in Data Studio yet. The easiest way to visualize custom data is probably going to be using a Google Sheet. You could, for instance, export your report in analytics as a csv, create a table with that data in a Google Sheet, and then connect that sheet to Data Studio. 

Re: Benchmark data in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the heads up! Look forward to when that feature is available
Smiley Happy

Sincerely,
Eli King, Roohan Realty
web *// interactive marketing // *seo
office 518-587-4500 | mobile 914-960-4160
519 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

*Please consider the trees before printing*