Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Am having an issue with the following;

Created a barchart based on Event Action - Unique Events

The event action is based on percentages completed

25%

50%

75%

100%

If I want to sort the table in this way based on the event action ascending it will show 100% on top and then show the other percentages in the right order. How can I make it sort in the way it should, ascending from 25% up to 100%?

Schermafbeelding 2017-07-17 om 14.37.03.png

It's no use either to sort based on unique events as it can differentiate between the percentages each week.

Re: Bar Chart - Sorting Issue

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You can change the sort of your bar chart in the properties. You should be able to sort it by ascending rather than descending.

Bar sort.JPG

Bar Chart - Sorting Issue

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Litmon,

Yes I understand I can sort either on unique events or event name (ascending or descending). In the case of the example in the screenshot it will work but in another bar chart I have it won't work (see screenshots below where I've used all the different types of sorting but it won't sort it in the right way going from 25% to 50% to 75% to 100%)

The sorting options will either put 100% on first place as it start with a 1.

Or based on unique events it will not be in the right order as it's not a lineair thing with the data, i.e. there can be more people that go up to 75% than 100%.

For now the only fix I've found is to work with CASE formulas but it's not a very neat solution. The CASE formula I use is then CASE WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(event action, ".*25%.*") THEN "A; 25%" etc

Schermafbeelding 2017-07-18 om 10.38.53.pngSchermafbeelding 2017-07-18 om 10.41.42.pngSchermafbeelding 2017-07-18 om 10.42.03.pngSchermafbeelding 2017-07-18 om 10.42.11.png

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

That's very strange. I wonder if, when Data Studio got the data from GA, it didn't assign it the right data type? Is it set up as a blue metric, number/percent? Normally you'd see the behavior above if it's reading it as a text value instead of a number.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Well I was looking into this as well, as this was the way to solve it the previous time I had the issue.

The event action is labeled as a text value. Which is correct because the event action is usually just a label name like for example OpenImport. However in this instance the event action is a number instead of a text. If I would change it here though it would affect all my data using the "event action" dimension.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Oy, yes, I see the difficulty. Maybe your best bet for now is the CASE formula then...