Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

BUG: Key Metrics Missing from DCM plugin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, 

New to these forums! I have started working with Data Studio today and have connected my DCM account to the service, however, i've noticed that there are some key metrics missing from the fields list that DCM comes with; namely Interaction Rate, Rich Media Impressions, Interactive Impressions as well as metrics like expansions and interaction/display time.

Is there any way of including these at all? They're really important for the work we do, and there is no way of setting a calculated field to create these metrics needed.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rod F
May 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately, the default data source connections do not contain 100% 

of the data that is actually available with in each source. Each source may have multiple APIs or multiple tables that are not compatible with each other for instance.

I think the devs have chosen to focus on the primary, most popular datasets from each source during the beta phase so they can work out all of the kinks and bugs. 

They will probably add more of the available data in the not too distant future (hopefully), but luckily there are ways to add custom data in the meantime. 

One way to add custom data is to use Google Sheets.  You can use apps scripts to import data from an API for example. Or you can manually upload csv tables, or you can use an add-on that basically does these things for you on a regular scheduled basis. Once you get your data into Sheets, you then just need to connect your sheets to Data Studio and go from there. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rod F
May 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately, the default data source connections do not contain 100% 

of the data that is actually available with in each source. Each source may have multiple APIs or multiple tables that are not compatible with each other for instance.

I think the devs have chosen to focus on the primary, most popular datasets from each source during the beta phase so they can work out all of the kinks and bugs. 

They will probably add more of the available data in the not too distant future (hopefully), but luckily there are ways to add custom data in the meantime. 

One way to add custom data is to use Google Sheets.  You can use apps scripts to import data from an API for example. Or you can manually upload csv tables, or you can use an add-on that basically does these things for you on a regular scheduled basis. Once you get your data into Sheets, you then just need to connect your sheets to Data Studio and go from there. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

digging this out of the depths of history! can you give me a steer in the direction of how to use apps scripts to import data from an API? Ideally I'd like the reporting to be as hands off as possible!

thanks!
Sam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't believe you can join data between Google Sheets or CSV upload with the data set from DCM so that will limit the available information you can squeeze into a single chart or table. We've been developing a workaround internally that uses Regexp_Extract to pull the necessary information we need from DCM.