5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Axes selection in time series chart with breakdown dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Using time series chart WITH breakdown dimension, therefore only 1 metric, I noticed that Data Studio is not supporting the axes selection for each series. So, as a result I get a line chart which without the the data labels does not make any sense.
It would be perfect to have the lines plotted to the left axis as a default and it would be more than epic to select axis for each series as I can do when I have no breakdown and more than one metrics.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Do you have an example from another program (like excel) to show what you're trying to do?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On the chart I uploaded, you can notice that the red line seems to trend above the blue line on Jun 2017. Nevertheless, if you check the data labels in each line you will check that the blue line should be above the red. So, I would like Data Studio let me choose myself the axis each series should be shown. The default way so far, is the first breakdown on the left axis and all the others on the right. Hope that made myself clear.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok thank you that does clarify some. I'm still confused about why you have two different sets of values on the axes. If you only have one metric, shouldn't the y-axis just list values on the left?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's exactly the problem.. I have only one metric but various breakdowns and the Data studio decides not to list all the values on the left, or at least let me decide to list the values on the axes I want.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Would it be possible to post a screen shot of your chart properties tab?

Re: Axes selection in time series chart with breakdown dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Capture1.JPG

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I don't see why that would result in a right y-axis that's different than the left. Do you have any other options that are different than usual? Maybe in the style menu? 

Re: Axes selection in time series chart with breakdown dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

style.JPG

As you can see in the Style section there is no checkbox or radio button to select the axis of each series.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What about below the series in the properties? Is there anything going on in the axis section?