AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Average Position for landing pages?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

In the GA Search Console report, I can see the Average Position metric for the Landing Page dimension.

however, in Data Studio, I cannot manage to see the Average Position metric the Landing Page dimension. Its only visible for the Query dimension.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,
Ash

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mr X,

Actually, you can't because your field "Average position" and your field "Landing Page" are in 2 different data sources. 

One is on Search console data (site) and the other in Search console data (URL)

The only way that you have, it will be to know how do you calculate "average position" with "clicks" and "impressions"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This seems like a huge miss. You can definitely get the Average Position by Page within the Search Console itself, so why is it not available in the Data Studio?

@Mr X, did you ever find a solution here? I know this data is available via the API, but would hate to have to build my own custom connector when Google should be bubbling that data up in their official connector.

Thanks!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Honestly, bad move from the Google team.
I wish they will fix it on next update.

I will try to export data in a google sheet and use a connector...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this still not implemented? How are we supposed to get it? Does anybody know a solution that doesn't involve an external addon?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone.

Any updates about this? This is so frustrating...