Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic refresh Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I'm Google Analytics and Google Sheets as data sources for my Google Data Studio dashboard. Is there any way to automatically refresh the data in the dashboard without manually refreshing it? Or is it already built in automatically without manually have to turn it on?

How does it work?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

really interesting in this feature too!!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, there's a way Smiley Happy

This Chrome extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/data-studio-auto-refresh/inkgahcdacjcejipadnndepfllmbgoag

Please note that since Google does not allow view-only users to refresh the report, so this extension is bound to the same restriction.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Assaf,

I just installed the "Data Studio Auto Refresh". It doesn't seem to be doing anything on my report. When I click on the tool, it just gives the default Chrome extension menu. It doesn't even prompt me to connect to my Google account. Am I missing something?

Re: Automatic refresh Google Data Studio

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

After installation:
1. Go to the desired Data Studio dashboard and refresh it manually.
2. ONLY THEN - Click the extension button and choose the refresh interval.
3. If your report contains several pages, choose "Auto paginate"
Unfortunately, and until Google will allow, only user with editing privileges can use this extension.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Assaf, ignore my above message. The Auto Refresh button is now activated after a few minutes. Let me play with it sometime and I will share my feedback.. 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Client A,

Go to File->Report setting, and uncheck "Enable cache". It will disable caching and refresh data everytime you open the datastudio report.