4.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Authorization Errors for View Only Access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting Authorization errors on any table or graph that shows a date comparison for anyone looking at the report with View only permissions.  If I turn the date compare off, it works fine.  I can see everything fine with Edit Access.  Anyone have a clue why this is happening?  Screenshots are below. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 10.01.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 10.01.10 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Matt A,

I am also getting this - this seems to be a bug in the current release, hopefully will be fixed up soon!

Ben

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Matt and Ben -- thanks for reporting this. I'm looking into this. In the meanwhile could you share one of these reports with data-studio-help@google.com? That may help us troubleshoot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alon I've shared the report with you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm experiencing the same thing. Seems to be happening on graphs that use a calculated field. I've had to add people with edit access for them to see it properly.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

All: thanks for flagging this one. Wanted to let you know that we identified the problem and pushed a fix a few hours ago. Please feel free to reply to this thread if your report viewers are still experiencing this problem.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi Alon

I've been getting this issue with some of my users. Is there something I can do to fix? 

Thanks

Aaron

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All

Same here, no change.

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Thanks for the update.

I'm being told that we fixed these issues but that for older reports, you need to force charts and tables to refresh. You can do this by adding a chart anywhere in your report letting it fully populate and then deleting it.

If you do this and your viewers still have problems please ping this thread. Rather than sharing the report, a screenshot showing the ID of the error would probably be more helpful.

Thanks again.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

forgot to say, all fixed! thanks