Data Studio
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Announcing global availability, Google Analytics segments, improved filters, and more!

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Dear Data Studio fans!

I'm very happy to announce today's launch of Data Studio in over 180 countries! Now, even more businesses can easily connect to their data and create beautiful, informative reports in Data Studio.

In addition, many of you have been asking for access to Google Analytics segments in your GA-powered reports. As of today, that's now possible. Any segments you can access in your GA views can be applied to GA-based charts. 

But wait, there's more! ;-)

We've also revamped and improved report filters. You can now create compound filters with conditional AND/OR logic, filter on metrics and dates, and use enhanced regular expression matching to refine the information you show in your reports. You can easily reuse the same filter on multiple charts and even copy filtered charts from one report to another.

Is that enough for one day? I think not!

Not all your data resides within SQL or Google databases. You can now upload up to 2GB of CSV data for free, enabling you to build data sources that bring in data from just about anywhere.

And even all that is not everything we're announcing today, so to learn more, check out the Analytics Blog post for today. You'll find more details and links to the documentation on these new features.

Thanks for all your interest in Data Studio and happy visualizing!

The Data Studio team

1 Expert replyverified_user

Announcing global availability, Google Analytics segments, improved filters, and more!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great news Rick, these are great improvements for sure.

I don't want to be "happy flap" Smiley Happy but something about multi data sources? 

I think that it's one of the most recurring questions these times Smiley Happy

thanks again for sharing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

That's great news but the following sentence "Any segments you can access in your GA views can be applied to GA-based charts" and some tests I ran make it look like only the creator of the segment can see the chart.

All others have an "authorization error" message on the chart.

Bug or wrong setup on my side?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sweet this is so awesome!!!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is great! Will custom attribution models be brought in from GA at some point? I'd love to empower the teams who use my data to check in on their own campaign revenue, but not using the out-of-the-box attribution models.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I've recieved an email saying "The wait is over. We're excited to announce that Google Data Studio (beta) is now available in your country". But when I try to create a new report it still says "Data Studio is not available in your country". What can I do?

(I'm in Poland)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick! That's all great. Also, we are waiting for the feature that allows us to use multiple data sources in a single table.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to use it for first time. Where's the best video or info (step by step) published online? Can anyone help me ?  

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Janusz!

Apologies, the announcement emails went out to a broader audience than we intended. We just need to wait a bit longer for Data Studio to be available in Poland - it should be soon!

Sorry again for any inconvenience!

Rick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Rick

Can I ask is the 2GB limit based on all Data Sets being under 100MB, so a User can have 20 x 100MB Data Sets, or is the limit going to increase to allow a singular data set of 2GB?

Thanks

Adam