Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Goals (names) not updating in Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help.

I created a dashboard in Google Data Studio and used a goal (lets call it "goal1") from Google Analytics in it.

I then modified the goal name (changed it to "goal 2") in Google Analytics.

Now, when I go to the dashboard in Data Studio, I am not able to select "goal 2" as it doesn't exist.

Does anyone know if there's a lag in this? (I've waited 2 business days so far for it to update, but no luck).

Let me know if you need clarification.

Thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm having this same problem

Re: Analytics Goals (names) not updating in Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adi J,

Have you tried to click on this button?

2017-02-04_135824.png

if it does not work, you can try this:

If you rename a header column (goal 1>> goal 2), it will change the source data. Thus, the worst conditions you should try connecting again new source data

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I have hit the refresh button with no change. What I did do was create a master metric adding together several of the goals. Since the goals aren't showing the proper name as assigned in Google Analytics, I went in and found the goal number and added them that way. But I'm not convinced that it's working with the updated goal since the proper name hasn't filtered through either. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Just want to get this back on the list for visibility. It's been a week and a half and I'm still not seeing the new goals filter through.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As a workaround, I used the "Create new metric" feature in Data Studio. Does that help you?

I don't believe it's updated yet.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I double checked it against Google Analytics and while the number isn't exactly spot in, it's definitely close. Even though the right names for the goals aren't filtering through, it looks like values are. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I found the answer and it worked for me: https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7083608?hl=en

You need to edit the data source and then click refresh fields down in the bottom left hand corner.