Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Store Visit Metric

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Currently AdWords Store Visit metric dose not exist in Data Studio as far as i can see when using the direct account connector, as i can see conversions but not 'all conversions'.

All help appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to double-check, are you looking for "all conversions" or "all conv."? In AdWords, the field is "all conv." (which has tripped me up more than once).

One way that you can hone in on just your store visits is to set up a filter that reads: Include Conversion Source Equal to (=) Store visits. One thing I've noticed, however, is that while AdWords will let me see store visits and the ad campaigns associated with them (as well as other data), I cannot pair up that information in Data Studio. I'm not sure why that is, but I thought I'd give you a heads-up.

I've seen some recommendations to set up a calculated field to track store visits (conversions - all conv.), but that could produce distorted data. As you can read in this AdWords Help article, the "all conv." field stores conversions, some phone calls, cross-device conversions and more. So, if you've got that other data pouring in, it could inflate your store visits. That being the case, I recommend going with the filter that I outlined above.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

As Ajay said you will have to search for All Conv. in order to find it. If it's not imported try and have a look at the imported metrics for the account in Data Studio, as it is a standard AdWords metric it should be imported directly.

If you find All Conv., in order to display Store Visits I create a custom metric stating "All Conv. - Conversions". The clients who support Store Visits aren't using Call Metrics or anything similar, so the only additional conversions happening inside All Conv. are Store Visits.