1.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversion filtering on Conversion Action Name data inaccurate

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am using the Adwords template. I've created a conversion filter based on the Conversion Action Name, however the data is significantly different than what I see in AdWords itself.  See screen captures

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 4.25.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-14 at 4.23.01 PM.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

It looks like you may be looking at the number of conversions in the Adwords settings tab. This number only shows conversions across all campaigns for the last 7 days (or 30 days...I forget the exact date range). If you look at the conversions in the campaign tab instead, and make sure the date range matches the date range in Data Studio, you will probably get matching numbers. If you are tracking multiple conversion types and you want to view the results for each conversion goal, then you will need to segment the table by conversion type. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm getting the same issue. When a use an include filter with a specific conversion action name, my figure is going to 0. However if I select exclude, the the total figure is reduced.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are getting a similar issue with inaccurate data when using the conversion action name dimension is filtering.  In this instance using "exclude" actually makes the conversions chart (in the Adwords template) increase instead of decrease.  The peak conversion data point with out the filter is 180; once the "exclude" filter is applied, the highest daily data point goes to 400!  This is clearly a bug given that multiple users have reported problems.