1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Adding a google sheet as a data source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to add a google sheet I own to a data source but when I chose the option "open from google drive" and select the sheet I then cannot do anything. The "connect" is greyed out and I cannot click it. When I click on "all Items" or owned by me or shared with me it says "this account does not contain any spreadsheet". I am signed in and have a great deal of spreadsheet in my drive.

I'm not really sure how to move forward.

Re: Adding a google sheet as a data source

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi erick,
the login that you are using on dataStudio and google drive is it the same?

Fil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yeah they are both the same

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Both

I am having the same issue. I am using the same google account for both but it's like they arent linked..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also showed "no spreadsheets" in my Drive folder, and "connect" was greyed out trying to manually add a sheet from Drive.

I switched data sources to "Google Analytics," it checked my credentials, and when I switched back to Google Sheets, it now saw the contents of my Drive, and I connected a sheet.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue! Strangely enough, it's only on one of the accounts that I have access to that I'm having this problem.

However, I am able to access my Analytics data - it doesn't seem to authenticate my credentials, because I still get the "account does not contain any spreadsheets message" for Google Sheets.