Guide Me
star_border

Adding a Filter on campaign type

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We have an adwords client that has many campaigns (including display and video), however, we only manage their search and shopping campaigns.
I am trying to filter the report that it only includes search and shopping campaigns (but don't want it to be a view filter), does anyone know how to do this?
When I do it like this it does nothing and various other ways I have tried just come up with errors,
Thanks in advance

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nadav M
May 2017

Re: Adding a Filter on which campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Nadav M

Your filter is right, but you need to write exactly the value !

For example, if the value of your "Campaign Type" is "Campaign - Video" you need to write

Exclude "Campaign Type" contains "Video" => Filter will work
Exclude "Campaign Type" contains "video" => Filter will not work

Be sure to write in your filter "Video" with uppercase, same as you have in your value Smiley Wink 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nadav M
May 2017

Re: Adding a Filter on which campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Nadav M

Your filter is right, but you need to write exactly the value !

For example, if the value of your "Campaign Type" is "Campaign - Video" you need to write

Exclude "Campaign Type" contains "Video" => Filter will work
Exclude "Campaign Type" contains "video" => Filter will not work

Be sure to write in your filter "Video" with uppercase, same as you have in your value Smiley Wink 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone know the official term for to filter only the Display network. I can not use "contains" because it includes the search with display campaigns.

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

[updated] I believe it's "Display Only". Unfortunately you can't check the adwords developer API reference for the values. Also checking the adwords interface columns won't work all the time.

to find the right possible values: I add a table into data studio, in this case with the dimension "campaign type" which then lists the different strings for Campaign type that Data Studio sees for the AdWords Account.

I requested a Data Studio Feature update to have the filter menu auto-populate the acceptable values, or at least link to some resource that tells us what values we can use. You could go up-vote that feature request if you agree that it would be helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have a link to go upvote? That would be great!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

added. thanks