Data Studio
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Overview Report - where does data source field data come from?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am just starting to use Data Studio and I am trying to recreate the AdWords Overview Report for a client.  However, I can't figure out how/where the Adwords Data (in the metrics) is coming from -specifically I am having trouble recreating the Data Source fields for the Avg. CPM, Avg CPC and Conversion in the sample data.  These are the fields: t0._cost_per_mille_, t0._cost_per_click_, t0_conversions_opt_ in the base report. Since you can't click on them to find out how they are created, I have no idea how they are compiled.

When I try to create those calculated fields for my new source data, I get - "Invalid input expression - Multiple levels of aggregation".

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate any input as to how these specific data source fields are created. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim H
September 2016

Re: AdWords Overview Report - where does data source field data come from?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
1. Login Data Studio using either your Adwords MCC login, or your Client-level login (i.e a login that has access to your adwords data).

2. Click the make a copy the "Sample AdWords Overview Report"
https://datastudio.google.com/u/0/#/org//reporting/0B_U5RNpwhcE6ckdmZEJ0ZDJXUnM/page/VgD

3a. Click "cancel" (not "resolve" on the data source missing warning)
3b. Click report and thenm settign on the right Navigation window
3c. Click the "DATA" tab on the far right, click selct a data source... pick the Adwords >> Your account and click Create.

That should work.

Thanks

Phil.

Note: I suggest changing the default date at report level from last 30days to last 28days.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim H
September 2016

Re: AdWords Overview Report - where does data source field data come from?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
1. Login Data Studio using either your Adwords MCC login, or your Client-level login (i.e a login that has access to your adwords data).

2. Click the make a copy the "Sample AdWords Overview Report"
https://datastudio.google.com/u/0/#/org//reporting/0B_U5RNpwhcE6ckdmZEJ0ZDJXUnM/page/VgD

3a. Click "cancel" (not "resolve" on the data source missing warning)
3b. Click report and thenm settign on the right Navigation window
3c. Click the "DATA" tab on the far right, click selct a data source... pick the Adwords >> Your account and click Create.

That should work.

Thanks

Phil.

Note: I suggest changing the default date at report level from last 30days to last 28days.