Data Studio
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Ability to create a custom URLs for sharing the report itself?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Our usecase: We build little stand-alone web apps for big brands and we provide simple reports on use for them. Our contacts are typically high-level "Show me the ROI, but imma need a couple big arrows to the important stuff" guys.

Sharing the long datastudio.google.com URL is icky and allows for no, however slight, branding on our part. Doing a redirect is quite noticeable and only fixes the issue for the initial time we send them the link. We have no issue with the DataStudio frame itself actually. It's just that pesky URL.

We would certainly be willing to pay per report per month for the ability to create a cleaner, shareable URL. Something like...

[our_company].datastudio.com/[6-10 characters here or *gasp* even a human readable string! #seo #lol]

Or, even better, allow us to CNAME to a report (even if it has to be a Google domain). At least then we could set up ourcompanylovesdata.com or something.

The other solution would obviously be a real embedding solution and/or allowing iframes but looking at past threads there seems to be some security issues regarding that and it's a much bigger implementation. 

Realistically, is this something that the Data Studio team plans to allow in the future? Is is actually on a timeline?

Has anyone else found a solution for this, or do you all just share the full URL with clients? Or are most of these reports created for internal use?

Thanks for your time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 for feature request

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For a few months I have needed this feature also.

Currently I end up sending out screen shots as it's easier than explaining how to see the same view as me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What's wrong with embedding?