Data Studio
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Ability to add custom rolling date options?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all

I'm currently looking to create a report that will return the "Last 2 full months" in one of the tables.

I'm looking to include a number of tables and charts on the page, and I don't wish to change the fixed date range for this table each month but rather have it be a rolling "Last 2 full months" based upon the current date. For example, if the current date is December 1st, the table would include the full months of October and November. On Jan 1, the table would automatically return Nov and Dec data without any further report config changes.

Is this currently possible in Data Studio and if so, how can I achieve this?

If not currently possible, would be great to see the Date Options expanded and/or the ability for users to add custom rolling date ranges to specific tables and charts.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have the same issue and it would be great to be able to setup rolling dates within Data Studio.  I am getting around the issue, with Google Analytics data at least, by using the Google Sheets Analytics add on that will let you pull GA data into a Google Sheet and schedule it to update daily (with rolling dates).  I am pulling that data into Data Studio but it would be much, much easier if it was just a feature within Data Studio.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also have the same issue.  In our organization, we have made several changes to our customer portal on a specific date.  We desire to schedule email reports with data greater than that date (>11/7/16) and not restrict the dates to stop at the date we scheduled the report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here! Need to be able to add custom rolling dates please Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue. please get the rolling custom date range feature out sooon