3 Data Sources - Google Analytics Data Is Not Close To Accurate
I am building a report in Data Studio that has multiple pages and pulls the data from 4 data sources:
- One Google Sheet
- Google Analytics View A from Property UA-xxxxxx-1
- Google Analytics View B from Property UA-xxxxxx-1
- Google Analytics View C from Property UA-xxxxxx-2
Each page has several Scorecards. The Scorecards pull data from either the Google Sheet or one of the 2 Google Analytics Views.
- The Scorecards that pull data from the Google Sheet are accurate on all sheets.
- The Scorecards that pull data from Google Analytics View C from Property UA-xxxxxx-2 are accurate.
- The Scorecards that pull data from Google Analytics View A from Property UA-xxxxxx-1 are not accurate.
- The Scorecards that pull data from Google Analytics View B from Property UA-xxxxxx-1 are not accurate.
Even when looking at 1 day of data for simple metrics like Sessions or Revenue, which should not be impacted by sampling, the values are not close to GA data (up to 3x off) for the two Views in Property UA-xxxxx-1.
Adding to the mystery, the Scorecards that pull data from the two different Google Analytics views are reporting identical values. The two Google Analytics views differ about 3x for Sessions and Revenue.
Cache Control is turned off for the report. There is no report-level filter. I have Reconnected with the data sources several times over several days. Nothing seems to fix this issue.
I'm assuming this is a bug because I've never seen it before and have built many dashboards for clients. I would be happy to share with the Google team, but if anyone has any hints on workarounds, please share.