1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

1 x Row per Page for a Table

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using a table to show the Properties of a Item, in this case a Contractor; Contract Start Date, End Date, Division, Job Title etc based on the very last Time Sheet Submitted.  The latter is critical as it's the only true data relating to Properties mentioned.

It would be great just to show just 1 Row in the table. The work around is to hide the other Rows, but they are still there, just hidden.  This means you can order them by clicking the table titles which really messes up the info etc

You can change how many rows per page for the table, for what seems like every value except 1???   Could we get 1 in there or indeed have a number entry for the amount of Rows displayed?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Paul A

Are you able to share a screenshot of what you are trying to achieve? I am wondering if you could use the MAX() function to bring back the most recent time sheet entry, but i'm not certain if this is what you are trying to do?

Ben

Re: 1 x Row per Page for a Table

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, so getting the table to display the last timesheet value isn't the issue; although I had to convert the date into a week value using Week() and use the Max of that rather than a date.

Take a look at the photo and you'll see what I've done. Yes, I'm probably using it differently to most, but it works nicely.  The table shows one value of all the contract details of Mr Example based on his last timesheet. However, hidden away is 4 other rows of data, that when a user clicks on 'order by End Date' etc it re-orders the hidden data and makes the values displayed incorrect. 

What I'm after is just one table row. You can limit the displayed rows to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 50 and so on. Why couldn't there be just 1?Example.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Paul

very please to see data studio use for a construction company, would you mind share what you have been able to do so far, i work in construction too and i want to like data studio but it has a lot of limitation specially metrics.

cheers

Re: 1 x Row per Page for a Table

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

We're not actually a construction company, although do have many trade orientated staff - Consortio is a contingent workforce labour management company - otherwise known as payroll to most.  

We have 750+ employees that fill out weekly timesheets. Our client's required visibility into their contractors, such as; suppliers, margins, costs, payroll tax, hours, PO numbers, hiring line managers, divisions, contract start/end dates, down to the simplest question (but hardest for most large companies to answer) how many contractors do we have?

Being a very different solution to 95% of other DS users it's been somewhat challenging.