Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Сhange a metric value according to a dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI! looking for help!)

I need to add to the cost of advertising Adwords +18%. This is very important, because in my country, the real value of Google advertising is 18% more than it comes to Analytics.
I can affect the total cost for all the sources, but I need tochange only one.

I would like to make truthful statements, but it turns out I can not influence this indicator.

Dear experts - whether the ideas how can I implement this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One possibility is to clone your original data source (by exporting it somewhere for example), so that you can have one data set with +18% and one normal data set. Then you can show the numbers separately by pulling from the appropriate data source.

If for some reason you aren't able to do this, another method that 100% works is to export AdWords data daily into google sheets with Adwords scripts, modifying the data within google sheets, and using google sheets as the data source for Data Studio.

There's probably a much easier way to do this though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Alexey!

I will try the methods suggested by you.
It is a pity that this problem can not be solved by formulas

Re: Сhange a metric value according to a dimension

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And, one more question. How can I take costs for the Google from sheets, and for other sources from Analytics?

Screenshot_4.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Your question is phrased a bit awkwardly. Are you asking how to export data from Adwords and Analytics into sheets?

To get data from Analytics into google sheets. Create a new google sheet, click on 'add ons' from the top menu, and press 'get add-ons...'. The search for the google analytics add-on and install it. Run the add-on and pull the report by entering what you need into the Dimension and Metric boxes. After the report is created, you can do additional modifications (eg. filters, segments, date range, etc.) by changing the values in the sheet 'Report-Configuration'.

To pull Adwords data into google sheets, you will need to read the documentation on the AdWords scripts, (here's one for keyword performance: https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/keyword-performance), and take the code provided at the bottom, and run it with adwords scripts. You will need to make modifications to the code to get the data that you need. Keep in mind that there's code for both single accounts and manager accounts, so choose the correct code for your account type.