3.5K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Tracking Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello the large community,

I need the help in order to understand how to insert a single tracking code for any of the pages of a site and explanation if a code follow-up = a page ?????????

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning. The question is hard to understand. Are you asking how to put google analytics on your website?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Although I'm not sure what you mean by code follow-up, but below points should help:

a) Put it on "EVERY" page that gets rendered that you want to track. 

b) In First <HEAD> element of page.

c) You test it if it work by going in GA real time reports. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Amol D, you mentioned "put it on every page" , could you tell me how do i put it?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You put it on every page. If you are using wordpress there are plugins for it, any other major platform like shopify, squarespace etc there are also built-in ways to put the code everywhere. If you are using straight html put the tracking code on every page of the site. FOr instance on the home page the code will be there, also on the about us page, the contact page, etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Matt M,

I don't have a website, i just recently bought a domain, is it possible to track the domain traffic via tracking code? or is it that i need to have a website to track the traffic?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm sure you purchased a domain to host some content there. For any content that's HTML/JS you have on that domain, you need to put GA tracking code to be able to track hits. 

As soon as you do so, new hits should show up in your real time reports in GA.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You need something there yes. Even if you put up a parked page with analytics on it then you would be able to track it