2K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Question walkthrough confusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was doing the regular classes of GA and found activity 2 and 3 a bit complicated in navigation. The question walkthrough doesn't seem to point in the correct table of metric , OR am i too shy to explore :-)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found the same thing, I was unable to find data to answer any of the three questions for Advanced Google Analytics course section 2.5 Understand user behaviour with event tracking.

I followed the instructions but found that the dimensions were empty each time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Q2: When you click "Promotion Clicks", you need to add a secondary dimension to this table.

So in secondary dimension bar, key in "user category", then you will see the users are separated into Retail & Employees.

And now you can check the total event number of the retail.

Hope my explanation is helpful since I was so confused by the question too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As for Q3, Once you visited the Page Report, click the URL:  “/google+redesign/electronics, then click the Event Action of primary dimension.

You will see the product link which the question mentioned.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm.. Thanks this makes a lot of sense now!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The big thing that is also missed is the date setting... in the Beginner course it was all 2015, this particular example is Sept 1-30, 2016. The results will come up empty if you have the wrong date. What many users may not realize is that by clicking the link in the activity or assessment, the dates are set for them. If they are just switching back to a previously opened tab, they may be working with the wrong dates and thus getting invalid results. Hope this helps someone.

Re: Question walkthrough confusion

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I'm not seeing any issues with the date settings.. there are links that open the demo account reports with the date range that is stated

activity-dates.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly. I just edited my response. People who are just switching tabs instead of using the links are not getting the dates set properly.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Dan G Thanks for clarifying :-))))))

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here