2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Tip: Use Demographics And Interests Data For Smart Remarketing

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

When creating remarketing lists, be sure to use the Demographics and Interests reports to better understand who you can target. For example, if you discover that the Music Lovers category for ages 25-34 is significantly underperforming, you could create a remarketing list for that audience. You could then use that remarketing list to create a campaign with a special “Music” offer that reaches users on websites in the Google Distributed Network.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tip: Use Demographics And Interests Data For Smart Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I was just wondering in terms lesson 4.1 in Google Advanced analytics class, he says that audiences w/ dimensions including demographic like age, gender & interests are not eligible for remarketing... but this says that it is a great tool to use for remarketing to target specific groups? I'm just a bit confused as to which it is. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We can easily define demographics and interest properties in dynamic remarketing. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same question. Why did the instructor say age, gender & interests are not eligible for remarketing in the course video? Very confusing...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

He said they're not eligible for Search Remarketing, but they are available for Display Remarketing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay so when I create a target audience on all users it mentions 4k users in last 7 days. Next I publish it to our adwords account BUT then is says the size of the list for remarketing in the display network is 0 and search is also 0 (latter is not that important). Why is it like that? Does it have to build the list from scratch again or what? Thanks in advance.