AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics for Beginners - Discussions
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

setting up base analytics with tag manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to setup base analytics and following the how to/demo however my screen shows a different setup, has the tag manager interface changed since this course rollout? Instead of prompting for the tracking ID it asks to select a settings variable? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne-Marie G
July 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey, 

yes the settings variable is a pretty new feature. You can just check the box "Enable overriding settings variable" and you are basically back to the old interface. Also you could use the settings variable (it's pretty handy). It has the same features. But maybe just go with checking that box and once you get the hang of everything try using the variable. 

best regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne-Marie G
July 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey, 

yes the settings variable is a pretty new feature. You can just check the box "Enable overriding settings variable" and you are basically back to the old interface. Also you could use the settings variable (it's pretty handy). It has the same features. But maybe just go with checking that box and once you get the hang of everything try using the variable. 

best regards