Analytics for Beginners - Discussions
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Needy Here....Hopefully my needy questions help others - question about Assessments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to amend your answers in the assessments?

I have just taken the courses in part 2 beginner.  One question asked:

What does the word "Users" metric mean?

My answer was incorrect and was the following:

I answered - The total number of visits to your website.  I was then directed to review lesson 2.2 - although I do not see the answer there to be honest....

So please...hit me with the stupid stick...of course I will google the answer but it is frustrating that I cannot find it in lesson 2.2

1 Expert replyverified_user

Needy Here....Hopefully my needy questions help others - question about Assessments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

It is not easy to understand it but, once you get it I can assure you, you wont never forget it Smiley Wink

"users" are people have a least one session one your site.

"session" a group of interactions that take place on your website within a given time frame.

but, the way i understand it is like this

A Unique Visitor = New User
Visits = Sessions
Screen View = Mobile PageView
Event = A user action (See our post on Event Tracking)
Ecommerce = Transaction completion (Ecommerce must be set up for this)

still confuse? you can read this article here to have an idea or you can go back to 2.2 Understanding overview reports on google analytics course by clicking here

If you still have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me back.

Re: Needy Here....Hopefully my needy questions help others - question about Assessments

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I often find the text transcripts are a useful resource, i think all lessons have them to the lower right

text-transcript.jpg

You'll find the answer there

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6382999

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here