AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Advanced Analytics - Discussions
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Bounce rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company recently had a downtime in our google analytics account, it seems to have been the cause of our tracking ID removed from our header. However, ever since then we have began to see our bounce rate decrease to less than 1% but it is showing that people have done 2 pages/session in 00 seconds. 

Can anyone please shed any light on this as I don't understand how someone can visit two pages in 0 seconds?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author michelle m
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

More than likely you have two instances of the tracking code added that results in duplicate pageviews and low bounce rate. You'll need to remove one of them to fix the problem. Please check your site using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension, it will show you the details about your setup. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author michelle m
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

More than likely you have two instances of the tracking code added that results in duplicate pageviews and low bounce rate. You'll need to remove one of them to fix the problem. Please check your site using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension, it will show you the details about your setup. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital