2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Finished beginner course - advise on what to do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just completed the lessons for beginners.  I did not do wonderfully on my assessments but I think acceptable.

When will I be instructed to apply code to my website and other social media platforms?  I understand in theory but have no clue how to actually implement it.  I have a zoomla account that I had a web designer take care of...I now have control but quite frankly and scared I will screw something up if I do something wrong...I am not very website savvy.  It's not an active site but I think the one I should play with....no clue how to link other platforms and am hoping that instruction will come later as apposed to me being stupid and just missing it.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
There is an interactive walk thru/exercise on account and code setup during the lessons.

There are so many different website platforms and different ways to setup code, its impossible to 

cover them all. As stated, it is a beginners course.

You would do best to consult the help documentation for your site hosting to see if google analytics is supported.

and if there are any instructions specific to zoomla 

Also most social media platforms have some sort of help docs on how to link or integrate with google analytics if applicable.
Again there are a lot of platforms and most have their own ways and methods for integrating

If you are wanting to some sort of tracking for social sharing of website content, from memory addthis sharing platform integrates with google analytics.. again though, its a case of having to refer to the addthis documentation for information on how to set it up/configure it.

You'll find in some cases you're going to have to do some online searching and self learning

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Finished beginner course - advise on what to do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I would add the tracking code right away. Even if you don't feel confident in using Google Analytics, tracking the data now means more historical data forever!

I haven't tried the new tutorials but you actually don't need to apply any custom code to get GA working. All you need to do is paste the code they give you in to the <head> of your site and the data will start to populate Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sign up for all the accounts. Universal Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Youtube, Google+, Google Optimize, and if you're really analytic happy, Extension for Chrome (page analytics, GTM tag assistant)

Then simply start a website in a sandbox environment (developer center, partner portal, etc) in a platform like Shopify or Wordpress or Website Builder. 

If you have any questions about which website builder to choose let me know. Once you've all this integrated and setup, you should be a lot more familiar with the tools. 

Good Luck! 

Roland

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I should say thank you too