Analytics for Beginners - Discussions
5K members online now
5K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Finding results from a tracking ID previously set up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I have just started a new job with basic google analytics experience. The company has used Pagesuite for some online docs and has links to these on their website. They want to be able to see how many times people have downloaded the doc and how many times people have viewed it online. You get a separate URL link for each of these options. I have exported the pagesuite report on this however it is rather basic and doesn't differentiate between those that viewed online and those that downloaded. After a bit of research I can see that Pagesuite have a step by step guide to setting up google analytics for this purpose. After reading this and looking at the settings in pagesuite I can see that the doc they want the stats for has a google tracking ID set up but when I log in to their google analytics account I can't see this. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks

Finding results from a tracking ID previously set up?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I think you're going to have to try and track down the person that implemented that specific tracking ID through Pagesuite if you want to get access to the legacy data.

Moving forward, you would probably want to implement the same Tracking ID that is in the current Property you have access to.