5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Data Mismatch in Adwords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have linked my Google Adwords and Analytics account. But there is data mismatch in Adwords and Analytics for almost every metrics. Also in Analytics the data is coming for only 1 day while in Adwords data for multiple days are present. I have attached the screenshots.

Adwords >

Pic 1.jpg

Analytics >

Pic 2.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey ABHISHEK, 

#1 - You're always going to see a discrepancy between AdWords & Analytics, this is based on the inherent difference between the two. AdWords looks at metrics like 'clicks' and Analytics looks at 'sessions'. This leads to a fundamental difference in reporting. 

For more information check out this article: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en 

#2 - You may have a tracking implimentation issue with your Analytics. I see that the sessions recorded in your screenshot you sent says 0.00 % sessions, suggesting a lack of data. Either there is a Analytics implimentation issue or for some reason your data isn't loaded, either because of a filter or you pulled up the wrong data. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Abhishek P,

At least cost data should match. Check the account linking setup again. 

-In Analytics, Go To Admin > Property > Adwords Linking > Check Customer ID of Adwords
-Check Linked Accounts > GA in Adwords  

Check here for more: 
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034318?hl=en&ref_topic=1042504 

Thanks,
Ritwik B

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have only a single customer id in Adwords and the account linking process is simple so I dont think that there is any configuration isssue. Since the number of clicks are different so is the cost data.

I have simply linked both the account without using any filter or any other setting as I am doing it for the first time. Also it is showing data only for April 30th while in Adwords data till May 6th is present as of now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

#1 - Clicks and sessions are different at in both the screens count for 'clicks' is different. Which should not be ideally.

#2 - I have not added any code in the website. I am a beginner and trying to learn Analytics. I have just created a campaign in Adwords for display ads and just linked it with Analytics to see if data is correctly reflecting in Analytics.

Also if such discrepancies will always be there then how can we be sure on which of the two data is correct. Entire analysis depends on these numbers.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

If you have not properly implemented the Google Analytics code then you cannot expect to be able to properly compare the data. 

Additionally your screenshot provided showed a 0.00% of sessions (top left corner). 

Also make sure in your AdWords custom report that it isn't limited to only enabled campaigns and includes 'All Campaigns' and not 'All Enabled' or 'All but Removed'. 

Let me know if any of these solve your problem. If not we will further QA the problem. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’