4.3K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Visitor move on multiple pages but analytic show only single page visit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team,

I noticed in my analytic, for example :- A single visitor come to my website and visits on multiple pages, so its should be show all other activities. Like visitor go to Page- A, Page - B, Page - C etc. and than exit. but now it showing only single visit in google analytic. it doesn't show multiple activities even user visiting on several landing pages.

Please let me know how can i resolve it

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kapil K
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you use google tag manager yes, you can set it to fire a GA push on every page.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, a few things;

1- How do you know they are visiting multiple pages?

2- Not sure where you are looking at the data but a landing page is just that, the page the user lands on. They can't visit more than 1 landing page in a session. Landing page means different things to different platforms and people but in Analytics it is the page the user lands on.

3- You may not have your analytics set up correctly. Can you share a link? Have you used tag assistant to browse your site to see what hits are being sent to GA?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response !

Here is site : https://goo.gl/BPMmNp

Few things i noticed to identify this. (1) Organic, direct, referral etc. Search traffic showing very high bounce rate, above 95% to 100% on URLs.

(2) I checked manually by login analytic account and open my website on anther lappy. I noticed that, when go to hompage and visit on several internal pages, its show only one page visit in realtime analytic and 00:00:00 session in behavior section of analytic.  

I think analytic not set up correctly or any other issue.

Please suggest, how can i correct it ? 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm. There is definitely something wrong. Visited your page and visited 6 pages but only the original landing page was sent as a page view hit. But I see GA on all your pages. Maybe someone here with more experience int he A code can help. I've switched to using Google Tag Manager for just about everything as to me it's just cleaner, easier to set up, simpler to edit, easier to keep track of what you are tracking (only the GTM code on your site once and then you can set up all sorts of tracking like clicks, page views, events, etc) As I don't know why this is happening I would recommend using GTM, but lets see if anyone else knows why it is only sending the initial page view push.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you think, issue will be resolve if use Google Tag Manager ? Because i think my issue in implementation of Code.

Can anybody share thoughts on it.

Please...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kapil K
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you use google tag manager yes, you can set it to fire a GA push on every page.